Gun Storage Solutions offers a gun display tagging system along with our Gun Display Products. This includes our Gun Display Snaps and Oval Cards. We recommend Oval Cards to be paired with Gun Display Snaps because the rounded shape gives some forgiveness to having each tag perfectly paced within the row.
Gun Storage Solutions designer, Katie Stephey, shows her step-by-step instructions to making Oval Cards that include your logo...
Follow these simple instructions to make your own customized price tags for use on Gun Display Snaps.
- Our recommended printing site is UPrinting.com. They have a very simple, self explanatory interface and great customer service. Go to their website and click on the link in the top blue bar "Template".
- Find the template labeled "Die-Cut Business Card Templates" and click.
- Depending on what programs you have available to you, choose the file type for your template.
- Select Size: 2" x 3.5" -> Select a Folding/Finish: Oval Shape -> Download Print Template
- Depending on your file type you will end up with something like this... In your program you will need to rotate the file to begin designing.
- In your design program, make a rectangle shape as a placeholder that will mark the spot where you will be placing a return address label - 1" x 2 5/8"
- Now, you can add your logo to the area right above the opening for the return address label. A wide version of your logo will work the best. Keep your artwork within the "Safe Zone" green/yellow dashed line. This will ensure your logo will not be cut in the trimming process.
- If you are satisfied with the layout of your design, delete the template and your rectangle placeholder. There will be no oval shape, just a blank background with your logo. This is the file you will upload onto UPrinting.com
- On UPrinting's homepage find Business Cards in the left hand navigation menu. On the next screen choose Die-Cut Business Cards. In the Configure & Price section, choose 2" x 3.5" Oval. The rest of the settings can be decided by you. Click "Upload Your File & Order Now".
- Follow the directions on the following screens to upload your design work. If you have questions along the way, UPrinting has a very responsive chat feature. They will be able to help with your design and uploading questions.
If anyone has noticed that a major element has been left out of this process or something is confusing, please let me know so I can adjust for folks in the future.
Happy designing! And then, happy organizing your gun counters! They are going to look super sharp!